The past couple of weeks, Sam has been getting fussy after his middle-of-the-night (~2am) feeding. Sometimes he has been fussy up until his next feeding 2-3 hours later--yucky for Mommy and Daddy! Could it be mixed up days and nights? Not enough cuddling after feeding? Gas? The CEILING FAN?! Nuts. It was enough to put Mommy AND Daddy in a sleep-deprived time warp, complete with hallucinations and false memory. Ha!Monday night I finally gave in. Don't know why I didn't do it sooner. I figured, if we are both going to be awake, I might as well get some chores done. So I deposited him in his car carrier, took him downstairs, and let him watch while I cleaned the kitchen in the middle of the night.
Sure enough, after five minutes in his snug little carrier, with the comforting noise of Mommy working near by, he was asleep! It makes sense; he automatically falls asleep in it when we put him in it to go for a drive in the car or a walk with the stroller. We tried it again last night, this time putting him in the carrier immediately at bedtime. He slept for two four-hour stretches, with an eat-while-sleeping session in between. I'll take it! What a dream! No pun intended....

No comments:
Post a Comment