Thursday, March 17, 2011

Family Photos Part 1: Display Ledges

Recently, Steve whipped up a few of these ledges for me. For the first time ever, I dusted off a bunch of pictures frames (some had been boxed up, unused for a decade!), painted them all a uniform black (Walmart $1 flat black spray paint, then satin clear coat), and ordered me up a bunch of prints from our growing collection of old family photos and newer pictures of the kids. The result was an easily-arrangeable display that still makes me stop and look every time I pass it by the stairs. In the next few posts, I'll show some of our favorite pictures we chose to display.

3 comments:

Jamie Rubeis said...

Oh I love this! I need to get busy with framing some family pics for the house. We barely have any.

Brian and Jessica Ross said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Beautiful!!!

Kimberly Thompson said...

Love this. I just told Jeremy this is what I would like for him to make for me either for Mother's Day or my Bday which is at the end of May.I have about 10 very small frames in a bookshelf displayed, but this is even better.