During our Texas visit, Sam and I stayed with Gram and Pops Magness in Austin for a few days. We got to visit with all our old friends--and make some new friends--at the AMBC picnic on Sunday (I was so busy visiting that I didn't get a chance to take any pictures--nuts!). Later in the week, I got to attend Wednesday night supper and sit in on Jan's Precepts Bible Study of II Timothy. How I miss being in that Bible study! On Thursday (Al's day off) we went to Costco for hotdog lunches (Sam has been initiated into the Magness tradition) and on Friday night Jan and I watched movies and ate pizza. We also went to yard sales during our visit; we had trouble packing home all our bargains!
Our dear friends, Charles and Faye Hall, lost their son-in-law to cancer during our visit. Sam and I had the rare privilege of helping with their family funeral meal, held at AMBC, during the Friday of our visit. We were so honored to be in Austin during that time. Our hearts are with the Halls during this difficult loss.
Below are some pictures we took during spare time before leaving for the airport to come home. The last picture is of Sam with his new friend Rachel (Andrew Magness' girlfriend), who stopped by for a quick visit after work; I love the picture because it looks like Sam is trying to imitate Rachel's smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment