Thursday, October 30, 2008

Visiting Grandma and Grandpa Fullam

At the beginning of October, Sam and I traveled to Texas while Steve was on a business trip. Sam got to meet his Grandma and Grandpa Fullam for the first time! We drove to Abilene from Austin, which is normally a 3.5-hour trip each way, but took longer because we stopped to feed Sam. Sam did great in the car, sleeping most of the way, except for after feeding, when he was mesmerized looking out the window! I purchased a rearview mirror to put above his carseat so I could keep an eye on him while I drove; it sure gave me peace of mind.

We were treated to Grandma's awesome lasagna and pot pie (don't tell Steve--pot pie is his favorite and he missed out!). We had fun just visiting and playing with Sam. Grandma held him LOTS; he slept in her arms the whole time, it seemed! He had time with Grandpa, too, though he had to share Grandpa's chair with OJ the cat, who was very patient. We all went to one of Grandpa's doctor appointments and then went for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. As we were leaving the restaurant, a whole busload of ladies arrived and admired Grandma's little guy. What a spoiled kid!

No comments: